Jonathan Haggerty: The Rising Star of British Muay Thai.
Jonathan Haggerty, a British Muay Thai fighter, has taken the martial arts world by storm despite his youth. He began his Muay Thai journey at the tender age of 7 under the guidance of his father, who was a seasoned competitor himself. By 8 years old, he was already stepping into the ring, marking the beginning of a remarkable career.
In 2019, Haggerty joined ONE Championship, where he showcased his prowess by defeating Joseph Lasiri in a spectacular debut. However, it was in his second bout that he made headlines globally. Haggerty overcame the legendary Muay Thai World Champion, Sam-A Gaiyanghadao, to claim the ONE Flyweight Muay Thai World Title, reaching the pinnacle of his career.
Recently, Haggerty stepped up a weight class and delivered a stunning first-round TKO victory against long-time ONE Bantamweight Muay Thai World Champion, Nong-O Hama, at ONE Fight Night 9. He now aims to make history once again by challenging ONE Bantamweight MMA World Champion Fabricio “Wonder Boy” Andrade for the vacant bantamweight kickboxing crown in the main event of ONE Fight Night 16, scheduled for November 3.
- Who is Jonathan Haggerty? Jonathan Haggerty is a talented British Muay Thai fighter known for his remarkable achievements in the sport. He began training in Muay Thai at just 7 years old and had his first bout by the age of 8.
- What are some of his notable accomplishments? Haggerty joined ONE Championship in 2019 and made a stellar debut by defeating Joseph Lasiri. In his second bout, he defeated the legendary Sam-A Gaiyanghadao to capture the ONE Flyweight Muay Thai World Title.
- What’s the latest on his career? Haggerty recently moved up a weight class and secured a first-round TKO victory over Nong-O Hama. He’s set to challenge Fabricio “Wonder Boy” Andrade for the vacant bantamweight kickboxing crown in the main event of ONE Fight Night 16 on November 3, 2023.
- When did Jonathan Haggerty start his professional career? Haggerty made his professional debut in 2014, and he has consistently showcased his skills and abilities in the world of Muay Thai.
- Has he considered transitioning into MMA? Yes, Haggerty has shown an interest in moving into MMA. He believes that the wrestling and jiu-jitsu skills in the UK are improving, and he’s open to the challenge of mixed martial arts.
- What was the outcome of his most recent fight? Haggerty faced Nong-O Gaiyanghadao for the ONE Bantamweight Muay Thai World Championship on April 22, 2023, and won the bout by knocking out Nong-O in the first round.
- What’s next for Jonathan Haggerty? Haggerty is scheduled to face ONE Bantamweight World Champion Fabrício Andrade for the vacant ONE Bantamweight Kickboxing World Championship at ONE Fight Night 16 on November 4, 2023.
- ONE Championship
- WBC Muaythai
- 2018 WBC Muaythai International Super Featherweight Champion.
- International Sport Karate Association
- 2016 ISKA Muay Thai World Super Featherweight Champion
- 2021 ISKA Muay Thai World Lightweight Champion
- Roar Combat League
- 2017 Roar Combat League World Champion